Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1/2 Marathon

My husband and I made the decision the other day to start training for a 1/2 marathon. I know it sounds crazy, but I have seen what drive I have had to run this 5k. I need to have something I am working for besides weightloss. I have a doctor's appt on friday to see how my lab results compare to the ones taken at the end of the challenge. When I went to give blood they only had to poke me one time and she found my vein right away. Usually they poke me several times in several different places before they get my vein. She said the weight loss was probably the reason it was so easy. It was so nice to not get poked all over. Now I am excited to see the lab results since I have been running 3-5 (mostly5 days) days per week for 2 months. I gained a little weight while on vacation , but within 4 days of being home I had lost it again plus some. My eating is really changing. I have found food that I love that doesn't make me feel deprived. I feel great. I ran an unofficial 5k on Saturday with a friend. Today I'll do it again with my husband. This is my first week of 1/2 marathon training. I am so thrilled. It just excites me so much. I have no time goal. I just want to finish it. I figure that October is a good time to run a distance race too, not too hot. I hope to hear from you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment