Sunday, June 6, 2010

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyone there?

Where is everybody? I miss reading all of your posts. Only 2 more weeks until the Irvin 5K. I am really excited for that course since there are no hills. I ran another 5K on Friday night and a trail 5K Saturday morning on the Lester Park trails. That was the hardest most painful run I have ever done. The first half was all uphill and I was thrilled to get to the back half and it was slightly downhill the rest of the way. It was the slowest pace I have ever had, but the back half was the fastest I have ever run. I was averaging 5.5 miles per hr at that point. It was awesome to cross that finish line. I ran into my cardiology NP from St Lukes when we did the challenge and it was so good to see her at a race. I had some lab work done a few weeks ago and my labs are improving so much. It is fun to see that. My total weightloss is at 30 pounds in 2 months today. I am feeling great and people are starting to comment on the changes. One friend hadn't seen me for a while and she said, "Look at you skinny girl." When you are huge "skinny" is relative, but I AM skinnier and loving it. I am able to buy smaller clothes and bend over to tie my shoes. I run 4-5 times a week now. Last week I logged just over 12 miles for the week. My half-marathon training is going well. I wonder how I will ever have the time to do the training once I have to start running more than 4 miles in a row. But I will do it because I need to do this for ME. This is all for me with the added bonus that my whole family is getting healthier and I'm making my mom so proud (and my dad too). I am collecting T-shirts from all of my races and maybe I will have to make a t-shirt quilt. I hope everyone is well. It is June now. When are we getting together?

No comments:

Post a Comment