Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Well on Saturday I ran another 5k. This one was in honor of my mom. I made a t-shirt that says, "In memory of Mom. I run!!" And it has a picture of Mom and I together. The miracle is that after only 6 weeks of training I ran the whole way except 1 minute of it. I had my family at the end cheering me on and that was really exciting. So I am now on Week 7 of training. I exercise 5 days a week without fail. I am doing weight watchers. Yesterday when I weighed in (I missed last week) I was down another 7+ pounds. So I am almost at 25 lbs weight lost after 6 weeks of exercising and 4 weeks of weight watchers. I bought a few shirts yesterday that were a size smaller than I was wearing. I am so thrilled with my progress, but I'm even more thrilled with the mental aspect of things. When I have a "bad" day, which doesn't even touch the bad days of before, I wake up the next morning and I start again. I have been so in control of my eating it is amazing. Even when I am stressed and sad, or bored and mad, or whatever I am feeling I am staying within all the points I have. My Mother's Day was wonderful. It is so different for me than a few years ago. I used to dread the day because it was a painful reminder that I didn't have the very thing I wanted most. Well, I have been blessed and I no longer dread it. Love you guys. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment