Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Go, Mama!

Wow - congrats, Jamie! Kudos to your husband as well!

I saw a group of young runners led by several adults yesterday, and everyone was laughing and smiling - I realized that the Irvin 5K will be fun like that, because people will be running together. So far, I'm training on my own (on a track so I can keep count/time better) but the thought of the camaraderie on race day keeps me going.

I am weighing myself more frequently these days and, thankfully, have finally shed that "rut" mindset that Jamie referred to. It used to set me backwards, but now an upward creep of a pound or two is a word to the wise, and nothing more sinister than that. Like Jamie, I'm running for my heart and health...the weight loss is a bonus that makes the running easier, and the running makes the weight loss easier.

Melissa, did you sign up for the race?

I'm helping to distribute flyers for "Sing Your Heart Out", the American Heart Association's fundraiser - an evening of celebrity karaoke night, slated for Thursday the 13th at Grandma's in Canal Park...at $10, this is a fundraiser/social event that I can afford...and I'm going to pin down Ron O. to see if he signed up for the 5K! If he didn't, we should make him watch us from the sidelines, wearing a red minidress - right?!

Mary, how are the newlyweds?

Happy Mothers/Young Women Day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment