Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Official 5K

Well, I did it. I completed my first official 5k in 47:36. I ran the majority of the course. I had my husband with me every step of the way. I went from training on a treadmill to doing a very hilly course AND I dropped 5 minutes off my treadmill 5k time. That was pretty impressive to me. I was soooooooooooo sore for the next few days. Today I only feel a little sore. But despite the soreness I ran yesterday and today. I am running 5 days a week and am so thrilled at the progress I am making. My husband and I made a schedule of all the 5k races we are going to do for the rest of the year. Our goal is to do at least one per month. Eventually I will start training for a 10k then half marathon. I am actually comtemplating triathlon training after that. I know it is crazy, but it excites me about being active and having a goal I am working for other than losing weight. If I focus on just losing weight I get in a rut and self-sabotage, but if I have another goal as well and the weight loss is one of the benefits I am more likely to succeed. I am running this weekend and then no races until our Irvin 5k. Nice job Rose on your 5k training. Is anyone else training? Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment