Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good to be back!

Many thanks to Tina for re-inviting me to the blog so I can post again!

I haven't officially worked out for a while and can feel the weight creeping back on. I don't know if it's strep throat (but no fever) or allergies that's making it difficult to breathe. (I think this is what smoker's cough must be like, and it feels awful.)

The mental change is incredible: I am bummed that I haven't worked out, when in years past I would do anything to avoid physical exertion! At the same time, I've readjusted my Irvin 5K goal from running the whole thing to treating it as a social event and finishing it however possible (so as not to be removed from the course by ambulance), and I don't feel bad about "downgrading" my goal - another welcome mental change.

Keep up the good work, everybody - key word "good", for our selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment