Monday, June 21, 2010

#5

Well the Irvin 5K was my 5th 5K in the last 7-8 weeks. I thought by now the 5Ks would be getting better, but it seems as though they are getting worse and worse. It was blazing hot and there were no water stations. I am surprised that I made it to the finish line. But when I did I saw Rose there waiting for me to cross. It was so cool. So a cool experience I had was as I was running there was a couple that kept passing me when they would run and we (my ever faithful husband was with me each step of the way) would pass them when they would walk (we ran the whole time). At one point they stayed ahead of us and every time we got close they would start running. It was like the husband was saying "Okay here comes the fat girl. We have to beat the fat girl. Start runnning." So I got tired of that and took off running when they started walking and we got a ways in front of them. That was still with one mile to go though, so I couldn't keep that speed up for very long. We then went neck and neck to the finich line and about 200 feet from the end I just couldn't do it anymore and I stopped to walk. Just then the lady came up behind me and hooked my arm and said "Come on girl, we can do this." I then made it the rest of the way. I guess we all need that person who will grab us and pick us up even if it is at the end of the race. It was a really neat experience. Rose I am glad you can walk around and your back is getting better. Mary, congrats on your boot camp type regimen. Where is everyone else? Hope you are all well. On July 3rd I am doing a 5-miler in Lake Nebagamon. I have all of my races planned for the rest of the year. At least one 5K each month to keep me in shape and getting in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment