Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shamed into Blogging!

Hi Ladies,

I plead guilty...I have severe email burnout and haven't blogged for a while. Congratulations, Tina - your handsome little grandpup is just beautiful. I hope baby, mother and mother's mother are all doing well!

Good for you, Jaime, for making a comeback...we all need a vacation of sorts, and resuming your training/personal challenge is proof of positive change. I'm not doing so hot with training for the Irvin 5K but now have extra incentive because my son got a spot in the race, too! He said, "Sorry, Mom, I think I'll be running faster than you and won't be waiting for you" - which is how it should be, anyway.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a treadmill. Although having free use of the CPF was wonderful, I'm just not a gym person. In retrospect, the only way I was able to go as much as I did during the Challenge was that I virtually ignored Christina (albeit with her blessing). Jaime, I don't know how you even have to go to the bathroom by yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Well, training has become something that makes me feel good about me and doesn't involve anyone else. What I mean is that I do it for me and I make myself feel good. I am not waiting for anyone else to compliment me or anything. I have found the time during nap time. I have a pretty set nap time schedule for my little ones and it is the time where I recoup and get ready for the rest of the kids to come home from school. I used to read, pay bills, watch TV...I still do clean and pay bills and read, but I have been so bored doing all of that lately that I drive myself to get on my treadmill and watch TV then. My hubby bought the treadmill during our challenge as a Valentines Day present and I must confess that I only used it maybe 2 times. Now that I am training I use it at least 3 times, if not more, per week. I am using time differently than I was before and I feel much better. I am working out more vigorously now than I was during our challenge. It feels so good. Knowing you and some others were running the Irvin 5K really kicked me in the butt to start training. Even if I have to walk the whole thing I am doing it, but my goal is to run the whole thing, even if it is slow and I am the last one to finish the race, I will do it.

    ReplyDelete