Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5K

Well, I am still training. This is the most I have exercised and this intensely for SEVERAL years. This is week five. I am now running 5 days a week at least a half an hour each session. It is actually running and walking intervals, but I can run the majority of the time. Yesterday I did a test 5K. It took me 52 minutes, but I did it. I have lost 16 pounds in the last 5 weeks and I feel terrific. I just woke up one morning after paying for the Irvin 5K for 5 people (4 in my family and 1 friend from out of state) and had this feeling that I wanted to make my boys proud and not look like a fool for either backing out of the race or not being able to finish it. That is now my driving force and it is the oned thing I have to get done in my day. Yay me! I am doing a 5K this Saturday for a fundraiser and then one next weekend in honor of my mom for mother's day. She would be so proud of me for making these steps. It is amazing how much better I feel about life, myself, my future, and everything about life in general just from doing a simple thing like running. I can't believe I have been doing this for 5 weeks. That is huge. I can't wait to go to my cardiology follow-up in August to see where my numbers and everything are then. Who all is running the Irvin 5K? Please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I would have joined you all in the Irvin 5K, but was not aware of a deadline to sign up, so I missed it.
    That is such great news to hear, about the weight loss and just being able to run like that.
    I am soo proud of you! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete